Friday, December 3, 2010

PROJECT Z


Cik Ida Mariam and I had a hard time planning and strategising Project Z. Ok! I’m exaggerating. Well it took us 3 weeks to execute it. What is Project Z? Z = Zara.
This little girl is the daughter to my dear friend Hazlin and Izwan whom I’ve known for more than 10 years. It all started after I heard the sad and shocking news. Zara a 6 year old girl was diagnosed with leukaemia. Every time I read her mom’s FB status or twitter regarding Z’s chemo treatment, how they had to go through this process for another year, the physical and emotions that they had to deal with, I mean you just can’t help to feel for them. My cousin’s daughter has leukaemia and she’s only 2 years old. When I visited her at the hospital, she was sharing a room with other leukaemia children and honestly I didn’t last more than 5 minutes. I couldn't handle the rush of emotions flooding me. Looking at the children and the predicament they’re in, it was hard but million times harder for the family. I cried like a b*tch! But I’m happy to say my cousin’s daughter is doing well and after meeting Z for the 1st time yesterday, she looks like any other 6 year old kid who loves playing princess and games on her Ipad (or mummy’s Ipad). An awesome and joyful kid who has this infectious giggles and love to hang out with you. I had a brilliant time last night! Sad that we couldn’t stay that long but I’m sure we will be chilling again soon (Ida has more books to give to Z).

Oh yeah going back to Project Z, I planned to make something that could cheer both mummy and Z. Told Ida to plan the visit. Well she tried playing the cool non pushy psychotic friend (she had to reschedule with Hazlin few times). First I thought of making a cake but it came out rubbish, so I made cupcakes instead. Ida said Z is into the Katy Perry / candy thing. So I made candy theme cupcakes for her. Glad mummy and Z liked it!

1 comment:

  1. Hey aunty Tiara, thanks so much for the gorgeous cupcakes, it was such a lovely surprise!!! And yes, I am really into Katy Perry right now, so that was cool. I really had fun playing with you and sharing my iPad (yep, it's mine although dad sometimes thinks it's his ;-p) and I am really hooked on that awesome game you showed me on mum's phone, the Breakfast Maker! Can't wait to hang out with you and aunty Ida again soon. Next time, you must show me how to make the pretty cupcakes, ok? xoxo

    ReplyDelete