Tuesday, September 28, 2010

MY JOURNEY AS A CAKE DECORATOR (part 5: figurines)



On Friday I had to make and bake few things:

1. Cupcakes for Ayin’s birthday

2. Cupcakes for Gabby (farewell + 2010 + 2011 b’day gift)

3. Dessert for Ayin’s open house dinner

4. Cake pops for Eqa’s bday at mommy’s crib

For Ayin’s cupcake I went for butterfly theme. She loves butterflies and I thought it’ll be a good practice for me to make one. Gabby I decided to go for roses. The real reason is that I have to practice making roses for this upcoming wedding event (SIL’s friend). Dessert I chose to make Jamie Oliver’s Chocolate Pear Pavlova.

Birthday Gal!


Gabby's farewell cupcakes

Cake pops is my new favourite party gift. I found this recipe from Bakerella website http://www.bakerella.com/dont-lick-bite%E2%80%A6/. Its soooooo cute, tasty and creative! So I decided to give it a go. FYI this is not an easy thing to do. You have to make the red velvet cake, and then once that’s done mix it with the cream cheese icing and make small balls out of it. Once that’s done, freeze it. Prepare the melted chocolate or white chocolate (with colouring). Take lollipop sticks and poke in the cake balls and dip in the melted chocolate. Use a Styrofoam so that you can let the cake pop stand. You can go nuts by drawing on the cake pops like what I did (I just follow Bakerella website). See? Lot of work but it was worth it. Children didn’t know how to eat it! They thought it was lollipop and start sucking but then they realise nothing’s happening so they chuck it aside. Hehehehehehe... the moms had to show them how to eat it. Once they know.... there goes the cake pops!



No comments:

Post a Comment