Sunday, October 17, 2010

MY JOURNEY AS A CAKE DECORATOR (part 7: 1st b’day cake with figurines)

Me and Salina plan to do a surprise birthday dinner for our beloved Melissa Majid aka Miss Piggy. The 1st thing that came into my mind was making her a special birthday cake (of course!). Most of us know and understand (kind of) about her fascination with cute, adorable piggy’s (oink oink). So hahahahahaahaa yes you’ve guessed it. I came up with a theme and it’s called ‘The Singing Pigs’.

I was excited doing my first figurine. I looked through the internet for samples and found few. After I made my 1st piggy the rest was easy. For the cake I baked the Naughty Chocolate cake (coz I find it so deliciously yummy). I made a 2-tier cake (9” and 8”) which I found out the 9” was abit small. Should’ve gone for 10”. Anyway, after I baked the cakes assemble it and place the fondant; it was time to stack both cakes. Ok I just realise I have what you call it – crooked eyes. I thought the cakes looked aligned but I was dead wrong. Whateva!

I booked table for 10 at Monte’s Bangsar in KL. Everyone started to arrive by 7pm, I came slightly later. I gave the cake to the restaurant manager so he can keep it until after dinner.

I was happy to say that the birthday girl didn’t expect a 2-tier ‘Singing Pigs’ theme cake. The look on her face was worth it. Happy happy Birthday! x p/s: to Fai, Haida and Eliza - without the 2nd surprise birthday karaoke, the night would not be complete! Cheers to you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment